SMQ 2018 Guild Challenge
TITLE: The Four Elements
CHAIRS: Mali Glazer
2018 Guild Challenge for Submission to AQS’ Ultimate Guild Challenge
- Challenge quilts brought to the February 2018 meeting will compete against each other for entry in the AQS guild challenge. By entering the February contest, the quilter agrees that should their quilt be picked as one of the top 8 quilts, it will available for submission to the AQS Ultimate Guild Challenge.
- Details coming.
- Width: 30-60″
- Length: 30″ or more
- Individual can stitch or quilt on only one challenge quilt for one guild.
- Quilt must have hanging pocket and label (name of quilt, maker, etc.).
- Any quilt that cannot be defined as an original piece requires written
design permission from the inspiration(s) source. Original design
definition: new creation; not a copy of a previous work; traditional
patterns or patterns or designs by others are NOT used.
- Must be a paid member to participate.
- Judging will be done by the members
- If selected as one of the top 8 quilts, the quilt and quilter will be photographed on the day of judging for the application to the AQS Ultimate Guild Challenge. If our guild is selected to compete in the AQS show, the top 8 quilts will sent as a group to Grand Rapids in July 2018 for the show in August 2018.
- Quilts will be judged at the February 2018 meeting.
- Quilts may also complete in the quilt show in June 2018